How to - Ombré nails!

Pizza Meat Chocolate Potato

It's Spring Break! I'm so happy just because I can sleep for as long as I want now. Haha. Not to mention the fact that I just had an awesome barbecue party yesterday for my birthday. So yea, I'm not 15 anymore, but 16.

Well that's not really the point of this post.

As I promise you guys, I'll be writing more during this spring break. So here's a post about how I do ombré nails. From what I j know, this trend had been quite popular lately, and I just had the chance to try out techniques of this look after one of my friend gave me 3 bottles of nail polish in gradient colours.

And remember that this is just how I prefer to do my ombré nails. There are lots of other techniques out there. I'm going to be telling you 2 techniques that I use. The first one is way easier, but more pricey. And the second one is kind of harder to do, but way cheaper than the first technique.

1st technique:

First off the easiest way to do it is to use white as the base colour of your nails. This doesn't have to be perfect since you'll be covering them anyway. But if your range of gradient polish starts off with the colour white, then you might want make one of your nails (I recommend either the thumb or pinkie) quite neat and opaque. Now the reason why use white as the base colour is to let the polish on top of it to have the exact same colour as what you see in the bottle with only 1 or 2 coats of it.

You might want to start off from the lightest colour to the darkest shade. For me, I think that it works best if the polish colours are quite different in its darkness, just because from far away the ombré colour would be more seen-able

2nd technique:

Another way that I found out is that after you have the white base, choose a dark opaque colour of your preference and prepare a junk plastic-like surface.
For your first nail after the white colour, you might want to put 1 dot of that opaque colour, then mix it with 3 dots of clear polish. Mix them, then apply it to your second nail.
The idea is to make the colour more opaque and darker as it goes to the last nail. So you don't have to buy a lot of nail polish!
This is the kind of dot ratio that I prefer using this technique.
Nail 1 : leave it white
Nail 2 : 1 dot of preferred colour, 3 dots of clear coat
Nail 3 : 2 dots of preferred colour, 2 dots of clear coat
Nail 4 : 3 dot of preferred colour, 1 dot of clear coat
Nail 5 : just use the polish from the bottle right away.

So yeaa, it might sound a bit complicated for the second technique, but I think that it'll be way cheaper than the first technique.
I'll be leaving some pictures with descriptions underneath, with the names of the polishes I use.

TIC TACS





1 comment:

  1. This is cute! I've never thought of painting my nails like that :)

    FreshAndFlushed.blogspot.com
    iimpvre.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete