How I style - Black Leather Skirt

Cereal Noodle Milk Cream


Hi guys, I'm so exited about this post since I just finally got my hands on this amazing leathery-like skirt. I got them recently in Forever 21 for about $17 (US) which is a reasonable price for the amount of outfits that I can pair them with. I guess that a lot of you might also have this skirt since the lady in the F21 store was quite surprise when I got my hands on the them. She thought that it was out of stock already, and that I was lucky to have them. Now I mentioned that it was "leathery" and not that it's leather because the skirt only looks like leather, but it's really light-weighted and made out of mostly polyester. The great thing is that the material is quite flimsy, rubbery-like, and a bit glossy which is why it's like leather but not so stiff, heavy, and expensive.

Forever 21 Faux Leather Skirt

Material : Polyester
Shape/ Style: Short A-line Skirt/ Skater skirt
Colour: Black
Size: M
Disclaimer: This is just how I would style this skirt, it's just my preference. If you don't like them it's absolutely alright.

Personally I think that these type of skirts are essential for everyone to have, just like the little black dress kind of piece. I would pair this with almost everything just because it's black and that black goes with anything. The only thing that I would pay attention more, is probably the material of the piece I'll match it with. Since the skirt is quite glossy and leathery, I would want to let the focus on the skirt and not to pair it up with another glossy-leathery top. I would go for more matte textured material that's a bit more soft and subtle like chiffon or cotton.
Another thing that I prefer is to use a more fitted top when pairing up with this skirt. I am a size 10 (UK) which is sort of an M in general. So to make my body appear slimmer, I wouldn't use a baggy top. For me baggy tops will just make me look a bit more bloated, and since the skirt is voluminously-flowy (making my butt area a bit more bigger) the fitted top will accentuate the hips area making my hips look smaller and my body thinner.
For this spring time, I would choose a lighter colour as the tops just to make it more vibrant. But you can always use a darker top, maybe for a night out with your friends, or maybe if you're trying to pull off the all black look. One of the trend that I found out for this spring time is the Black&White trend that has been quite popular. It is pretty cool to follow up the trend sometimes, but I would also stick to the colour "off-white" which is a white mixed with cream colour just because it gives a warmer effect than the usual frosty white colour.

So here are some of the outfits that I paired with to give you ideas on how I style this type of skirt.
Top: Zara basic
Skirt: Forever 21

With accessories you can change the look for different purposes.
Left: Forever 21
Right: New Look

Cream top: New look
Off white/ cream top: New look
Checkered shirt: New look
For a spring/summery look
Light mint blue top: Stradivarius
Sheer 3/4 Sleeves White Jumper: Stradivarius

Oh and I've also found out that they have a similar skirt in Topshop, and another similar one that's the thicker and more pleated version of it in Forever 21 itself. 

Links are down bellow:


Same skirt: here (it's interesting because it's $5 more expensive than the one I bought in the Forever 21 store in where I live)
Similar F21 skirt: here
Similar Topshop skirt: here

No comments:

Post a Comment