Current Obsession! - Mac "Brick-O-La" Lipstick

Lasagna Cheese Ravioli

Whaddup guys? I'm being a bit of an obsessive person lately. Like I'm obsessed with Pitch Perfect #again, and watching YouTube vids, and cereal, and a lot more stufffff. And a part of that "lot more stuff" is a lovely lippie called Brick-O-La from Mac!

You've probably heard tons of reviews and product raves about this particular lippie since it's just plain awesome! But I'll still be writing a bit about it so if you're planning to buy one then you might want to read a bit thorough about it.

So I got this lippie in Singapore's Airport for $22 (sing) and since I was traveling with Singapore Airlines, they gave me $20 discount. So it means that I only got it for $1.5 (us) which is like OMG!
So if you just happen to be riding SQ soon, go ahead and check to find out if they still have their $20 promotion.
Back to the product, I barely can explain what their colour really is, since there are hundreds of shades of red. But I think that it's basically a lighter ox-blood colour with brown undertones to it. So for me, I have a yellowish-light-tan skin and the brown undertones compliments my lip colour, making it a bit of a red-plummy-berry colour. But I really think that this lipstick will work for a lot of people since if you have a pale skin you basically can work with a lot of lipsticks with different undertones, and if your skin is darker then the brown undertones will look awesome too (please correct me if I'm wrong :D ).
Actually from what I know, Bobbi Brown's lipsticks are mostly in brown undertones (again, please correct me if I'm wrong). So I guess in marketing strategy, it'll look good with a lot of people. It's not that important though.
Well for those of you who's a bit scared of the red and darker colour (like I was), what I recommend t you guys to use a Chapstick beforehand, and use your lippie and just dab it all over your lips as a stain. For this particular lipstick, I think that it stays on for a really long time. So for me, I only need to touch up for 2 times through out the whole entire day. It's the Amplified section of Mac's lipstick line, and I'm not really sure what it specializes in. However I'm pretty sure that it's not the kind of lippies that are sheer.

PRO:
- Wearable for a lot of occasions and skin tones
- Stays on for a long time
- Moisturising
- Gives a nice subtle sheen when applied
- Isn't sticky or uncomfortable to wear

CONS:
- Yes it is pricey, but it is Mac's and I can't really complain since I got it for such a great price!
- After few hours of applying, it starts to dry off your lips
- Stains dry flakes of your lips even after you've removed it, so I guess you'll have to put more effort cleaning them off in the end of the day


So yea, it's by far my fave lipstick right now, I've been using it everywhere even jut to go to the supermarket since I can just dab it and make it as red as I want it to be.
I'll be leaving you guys some pictures of the product and a swatch of it down bellow, sooooo.. I'll catch up with you guys soon!

Bye!

WAFFLES


Mac Brick-O-La



Mac Brick-O-La Review and Swatches


Mac Brick-O-La Swatches

No comments:

Post a Comment